Saji Gul is a renowned screenwriter of Pakistani television industry. He graduated in Communication Design from the National College of Arts (NCA), Lahore, and later joined Pakistan Television (PTV) as Producer Programmes in 2005. Meanwhile, he continued writing teleplays and telefilms.
His first TV serial Sannata was produced for screen in 2013. Since then, he is working as a fulltime screenwriter. His famous drama serials include Ilteja, Pyari Bitto and the award winning O Rangreza, which was a massive success in 2017-18 and brought him critical acclaim. Recently, he is writing a webseries for international OTT platform. He has also written lyrics for title songs of his TV serials including O Rangreza. He also won Best OST Award (lyricist) for O Rangreza in Hum Awards 2018.
Saji Gul has been nominated for the following awards:
- Best Writer Nomination for ILTEJA in ARY Digital Social Media Awards 2017
- Best Writer Nomination for TV Serial SANNATA in LuxStyle Awards 2015
- Best Producer for Children Programmes 2009 in PTV AWARDS
- Best Producer for Children Programmes 2009 ASIAN BROADCAST UNION AWARDS
- Best Producer for Children Rights Awareness 2009 SPARC ALL PAKISTAN MEDIA
- Best Director Excellence Award for Theatre from National College of Arts Award 2002
- Saadat Hassan Manto Award for Literature and Theatre on NCA convocation 2005
Saji Gul is the founding member and general secretary of Screenwriters Association of Pakistan (SWAP).